Saturday, August 6, 2016

Progress Report

My summer travel schedule has thrown me and some of my habits off kilter.  Most of the neglect in July was due to  my inconsistency in  writing/keeping goals in the forefront, and my lack of blogging. Despite this, I am thrilled to say that this post can actually write about progress, albeit slow, and not just an "update" for my journey.

For August I am only home for a few days before hitting the road again.

I found myself at home and feeling like I am losing my grip and panicking over the possibility that this travel was going to kill my goal weight status.  It was like I threw myself into deep water (knowing that I cannot swim) and then being surprised I was going under. This forced the sink or swim survival mode of Brain to kick in.  Now Brain is working out a plan to reel Pinky, but still let Pinky enjoy the remaining vacation time.

First thing I decided to do was look at the hard facts:

  • My exercise plans were thwarted by my podiatrist telling me no more running and no more than 4 miles/day walked.
  • Eating out, even doing SFT, has hidden SP that restaurants never fess up to.
  • Even healthy treats while camping add up
  • I have not been tracking my foods
  • I have not kept my beloved sticker calendar book since April 4.  It looks pitiful and I am sad there is such a blank gap in my calendar.
These facts indeed made me a bit sullen and had me kicking myself and nearly beating myself up, until a friend set me straight (thank you Carole).

Next I thought, look at my statistics:
  • I have only missed one meeting all summer!
  • My walking has been daily beach walks lasting 1 hour or more each time.
  • Ocean fun has added some light activity. 
  • I looked back on my summer WI numbers to discover that for the month of July I was up point 4.  
Pinky is very please with my statistics, Brain is relieved with the statistics but cautiously optimistic about August.

All things considered, there is only one thing to do; put Brain back in charge,  Pinky can be at the helm for fun and adventure this August, but Brain my be in control of the menus and minimum activity.  

Brain's Goals for August:
  • Look at my progress and quit sulking about a point 4 gain.
  • Get it together and make that sticker calendar glow!
  • Get hard core with the food choices--and if that means salad and grilled chicken breast for every meal out, so be it.  Why can't one of the memories of this vacation be rabbit food and chicken breast?  
  • Keep the activity level close to what my podiatrist expects and keep up with my PT.
My intentions are to keep blogging while away, and hoping the RV camp has a strong enough Wi-Fi signal to do that.  If not, I plan on using my phone data--even if I go over plan.


Aside Note:  I am still learning the ins and outs of utilizing this blog site.  Hope to be able to post a picture and get that subscriber bar going.



Well, learned how to edit, add pictures and a brand new shiny Subscribe by Emil Button courtesy of CWforlife.



Stickers earned so far.

21 comments:

  1. Go, Brain, go... you have your work cut out for you when Pinky is at the helm!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are too hard on yourself. You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan--this maintenance thing is a real nail biter for me.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the great blog Charlene. I'm glad I found you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Sounds like a great plan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a WINNER!!! Other than the pod. telling you no running, you are still doing so many things right. TRACK! It's our score card--

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a score card is in order! Thanx for the nudge.

      Delete
  6. Is this site secure, only those who you allow? I set one up haven't done anything with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The site can be set up for your private list of folks or for the whole wide 'verse. For now it is out there for the 'verse.

      Delete
  7. well I set one up, but there is nothing there y et

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cannot wait for yours--I'll adding you to my side bar if you like!

      Delete
  8. You are doing great...traveling makes it so hard to maintain....and you have tons of new online stuff you are learning besides everything else! Enjoy...this...journey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to travel. Please keep me posted. Blessings on your journeys.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Charlene, You are doing great! .4!?!? I know I don't need to tell you all the many things a .4 gain could be besides weight gain? And even if it is a gain. you've got this!
    Enjoy your traveling. As my WW leader says (ALL THE TIME) , Happy people make healthier choices. Don't fret the small stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie---thank you--you are right point 4 can be all kinds of things--I just want to set things in motion to stop future point something gains.

      Delete
  11. I'll add yourself,my list. Guess I'll,have to have Carolemget me set up.....lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Getting a blog together myself! So glad to see you again!

    ReplyDelete